[OM] Sam Hyde - Hyde Brothers Books

Subject: [OM] Sam Hyde - Hyde Brothers Books
From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:05:03 -0400
I just learned that Sam Hyde died yesterday. Sam was the owner of Hyde Brothers
Books, an incredible used book store in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I've been buying
books from Sam since I was young, and probably half of the 2000+ books that I
own came from Hyde Brothers.

Sam was one of the kindest and most generous people I knew. When I was a young
artist, struggling to make enough money to live, he often gave me books that he
thought I would like. He also loved Cats, and always had one or two of them
living in the store at all times. I’ve posted several photos of the cats here
over the last few years.

This is so sad. Here is a photograph that I made of Sam behind his counter 12
years ago. Notice the ball of fur curled up in front of him!

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=159

--

Chris Crawford

Fine Art Photography