Re: [OM] 49- 72mm Olympus Step up ring spotted

Subject: Re: [OM] 49- 72mm Olympus Step up ring spotted
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:59:01 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 7/9/2019 7:43 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>
>> (What filter does the 20mm and 38mm macros take? :-)
>
> None. The "filter" threads are far behind the front element. Used for lens
> cap, Lieberk?hn reflectors, macro flashes and ??

My point exactly!

So, because they were threaded, do you count them as 49mm or not?

Either way, their numbers would not contribute to "gross sales" very much, even
if they did use some odd-ball filter size.

If only modern systems behaved as well. I just got a ZD 150/2, and it's 82mm
filter threads don't share with ANYTHING I have, including the 35-100/2 (77mm),
which you'd think could have worked...

Jan