Re: [OM] IMG: Tiger Swallowtail (Dark Form)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Tiger Swallowtail (Dark Form)
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 17:57:31 -0500
Mine has only been blooming for a couple of weeks.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 7/8/2019 4:44 PM, Moose wrote:
On 7/7/2019 2:56 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I had a visit by two large butterflies today, right on schedule from past years, but had trouble making an identification. Finally nailed them as Dark Forms of the Tiger Swallowtail.  If you look closely, there are dark stripes on the underside, and there are no spots on the body, hence not Black Swallowtails.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190707-P7076362.JPG.html

Nice catch! Our buddleia isn't in bloom yet, just starting to bud.

Flying Butter Moose