Re: [OM] IMG: Low Cloud Passing Over Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Low Cloud Passing Over Airport
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 15:55:22 -0500
Moose, the after-hours access varies from airport to airport. Here, there are enough floodlights to allow a pilot to choose a parking spot, and an assortment of chocks and tie-down ropes.  For "regulars", there is an access code to allow them into the building.  Scheduled freight flights are met by airport personnel who can provide fork-lift support if necessary.  Many corporate flights call ahead to arrange for rental cars, etc.

Runway lights are activated by Mic Clicks, and remain on for 15 minutes.

I can't speak for Mexico.  We do have a number of flights from border airports in support of local auto manufacturers.

Jim Nichols, who used to enjoy flying at night.
Tullahoma, TN USA