[OM] Havasu Canyon [was Swiss Countryside]

Subject: [OM] Havasu Canyon [was Swiss Countryside]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 11:05:54 -0700
On 7/5/2019 11:53 PM, ChrisB wrote:
They are lovely photos, Moose – of people and scenery.

Thank you, Chris!

It was an amazing, often breathtakingly beautiful place to visit. If you look at a satellite view, there's a vast, arid, high plateau, with one green snake running through it. The gorge cuts through an aquifer. At the top of the green part, the ground is dry as a bone, then damp, they there's a small stream, and soon a river, over a very short distance.

It was also a photographically frustrating trip.

All I had was my relatively new Nikon Ftn and a Nikkor 50/2 lens (excellent). That was all I could afford at the time. When home, I would often borrow my dad's 35 and 200 mm lenses. At this distance, I don't recall whether it was unavailability, weight or what that kept me from having them along.

It could have been space and weight. As you can see, I was in good shape, and carrying no extra body weight. But it's a long hike, in high heat and space in the packs was limited. The last part of hiking out was right up there with the few toughest hikes I've taken.

I do clearly recall frustration in viewing subjects that required a different
lens to capture.

Where in the World Was Moose