Re: [OM] IMG: Lucky Lukes

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Lucky Lukes
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 11:24:34 -0400
Thanks, Philippe.  I agree that the reason we didn't find happy people in
Thailand is that we never left the big city of Bangkok.  We spent most of
our time in Bangladesh out in the countryside, but even the people of Dhaka
were much happier and friendlier than those in Bangkok.

Tina

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 3:33 AM Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I was there in Feb 2018 - the standards are near western requirements with
> regards to food, accommodation, hygiene while providing some form of
> exoticism, hence the magnet it is for many EU travelers.
> Of course, the Koh-islands attract the younger generations for the sea sex
> & sun attitude that contemporary western life now forbids. While the
> elderly men will prefer the chick bars in BK.
> This being said, BK is a hurly-burly city with a lot of stress, noise and
> pollution (I am amazed at the temple shot for its sharp clarity btw,
> beautiful ! ). And the sites are crammed with coachloads of wild, noisy,
> oppressing, (insert your own adjective)  Chinese tourists ...
>  We encountered many smiling and seemingly happy people when going further
> north up to the golden triangle.
>
> And no, we never attended any of those depressing bars, even when our
> ladies were having their daily foot massages ;-)
>
> Here’s my take on friendly young smiling schoolgirls spotting out a photog
> :-)
>

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Thailand/2018-Tha__lande-PA-1891.jpg.html
>
> And also
>

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Thailand/I+also+whispered+Ted+-+BW-2145.jpg.html
>

> Amities
>
> Philippe
>

> > Le 10 juin 2019 à 07:07, ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> >
> > I’ll accept your judgement on that score, Nathan.  I’ve always wanted to
> visit Bangkok, but those scenes don’t sell it and I’m not that keen on
> large cities any longer.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> >> On 9 Jun 19, at 19:38, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Chris, I am pretty sure that old Europeans outnumber old Americans at
> this particular location.
> >
> > --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com