Re: [OM] bridge

Subject: Re: [OM] bridge
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 15:40:03 +0100
You have been all over my backyard, Mike, following a very extended
itinerary which would serve as a model for anyone wanting to explore
Scotland (yes, I took a peek at the rest of your photos). You have chosen
well, anticipating much of what I would have suggested and more besides. I
actually wouldn't have bothered with Dull, but you were in Fortingall
anyway!

As to the bridge, it is a favourite location for advertising shots for
exotic automobile brands, and is, I understand, something of a fascination
for engineers and architects because it is curved, and sloping. And more
prosaically, cuts out a long delay waiting for the ferry which used to ply
the waters below. And since today is the day for voting in the European
Parliament, paid for using EU Regional Development Grants, which also funded
the road either side of it, previously single track with passing places (as
I well recall!).

Thanks for the tour - hope you all enjoyed it much much more.

Piers