Re: [OM] IMG: The Ballerina

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Ballerina
From: "john hudson" <om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 15:29:53 -0300
At the other end of the frames-by-the-second rating scale is a photographer who
might achieve one or two frames per hour:

https://tinyurl.com/y4yg72te

Many of his photo books, mostly in black and white, comprise contact prints
taken from negatives shot with that long legged camera. I have several of them;
all originally autographed.

He is the recently retired head of the department of fine arts at Mount Allison
University, in Sackville, New Brunswick. MtA is regularly written up as
Canada's most highly rated liberal arts undergraduate university.

jh

<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext>
On 05/22/19 02:10 PM, "Piers Hemy"  <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was going to say - with tongue firmly in cheek, Tina - that "Wow, you must
> have a really good camera!" but you seem to have said it yourself ??
>
> No, you have a really good eye, of course. For the image as well as for the
> camera to use.
>
> Just think what that would have involved pre-digital: 48 x 36 exposures,
> allowing for 2-3 rejected frames per film, a spare body, and an assistant to
> load/reload and and and
>
> Very impressive work, as usual, even if an entirely different subject from
> you normal - thanks for sharing.
>
> Piers

<signatureafterquotedtext></signatureafterquotedtext>