Re: [OM] OT: Possible Internet Outage

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Possible Internet Outage
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 20:08:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Things are slowly returning to normal.  I can now compose a Facebook
posting at normal typing speed, and also able to share postings to
neighbourhood groups.  I'm keeping connected with Copper.net for now as it is a
known quantity.

     During the "outage", I saw that EarthLink webmail and Facebook were
opening as many at 20 links to provide connectivity, but to no avail.  After a
few minutes they both threw up their hands and posted server timeout messages.

     There was no resemblance of "normal" until around 7:30.

>     Around 2 this afternoon I was composing a Facebook posting when the
>typing speed dropped down to 2 seconds per character.  I was able to post
>the message, but when I went to share it to a neighbourhood group I
>quickly found that almost all internet connectivity was unavailable.
>EarthLink is crippled, so I'm using Copper.net to write this.
>
>     This comes at a bad time, as we have an armed robbery suspect on the
>loose in the area and we can't even share the initial posting to other
>neighbourhoods.
>
>     Ken:  Is there any indication of a major trunk line in the Phoenix
>area being down?  There is serious weather in southern Nevada, which may
>be a factor.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson