Re: [OM] Who needs a brain?

Subject: Re: [OM] Who needs a brain?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 23:43:58 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Not ready for prime time, according to Mike.

Indeed, I sent it back.  Waaay too fussy and this is someone with an OM
tilt-shift adapter.  As far as I can tell it still will NOT put  a DNG on the
sd card for sonnie at least.
I really don't need a jpg on my phone.  I wanted it mostly to replace the
Smooth Reflections app lost on the A7RIII put present on the RII.  Median blend
of 128 uncompressed Sonnie raw files can be a royal
time-consuming pain.  It avoid color shift/noise from ND filter but not worth
it.  Sonnie provided a single true Raw and deleted the other files.  Why did
they they have to dump the apps?

Arsenal had to be put in freezer for some firmware updates due to heat handling
issues. Not cool.   The focus stacking with a DNG on the sd card may also be
useful once the bugs are eradicated.  They are very slow to refund as well.
The  founding engineer is ambitious but inexperienced in bringing a useful
version to fruition.  I'd steer clear for another year or so, should it
survive.  I can't see fussing with this thing in the field as it is.

Not going there, Mike