[OM] Nathan's PAD 22/4/2019: Marek and Tamara

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/4/2019: Marek and Tamara
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 21:14:19 +0200
Yesterday was my last day in Copenhagen, with my flight leaving at 4:30 pm.
After my sister and I checked out of our hotel in the morning, we went to the
place of our friends Marek and Tamara. Two remarkable people, who came to
Denmark around the time as my parents and me (early 1970s). They are now in
their late 60s. As far as I can remember, they have spent countless hours on
volunteer work among the Polish Jews in Denmark, most of whom are now in their
80s and 90s, with their numbers rapidly dwindling. On a personal level, they
were of enormous help to my parents when they moved to Copenhagen from Aarhus
in the late 1980s, and especially to my father during the 3 years he lived
alone as a widower. In short, two wonderful people.

While we chatted before going to lunch at a nearby restaurant, I took a few
portraits of them with the 90mm Tele-Elmarit mounted on my Fuji XE2. It was
quite fitting to use a lens that manufactured around the time we started our
new life in Denmark about 45 years ago.

Marek, in a serious moment:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LZKqSqC/A

Tamara, smiling: