[OM] IMG: Old Lens Revisited

Subject: [OM] IMG: Old Lens Revisited
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 12:39:21 -0500
In the late 1980s, on a visit to Ft. Worth, TX, I found an interesting lens in a consignment shop.  It was a Soligar 35mm f/2 (C/D) lens made by Tokina for Soligar, and the C/D indicates it was "Computer Designed".  Needing a 35 to fill in the gaps of my Spotmatic M42 lenses, I bought it.  In researching it this morning, I found that it does not have the Red "P", designating a Professional Model, so it is from standard production, which started in 1975.  The thing that got my attention was that it focuses right on the mark at Infinity, and focuses continuously down to about 8 inches.

It is raining outside, so I was limited to subjects I could find around the house.  I chose this bell, placed on a pie crust table in front of a window.  IIRC, the aperture was f/4.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190408-DSCF0884.JPG.html

I think it is worth a trial for flower photos.  We'll see, when the sun comes out.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA