Re: [OM] Nocturnal conundrum

Subject: Re: [OM] Nocturnal conundrum
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 05:45:10 -0700
I have several Fenix flashlights, so am partial to that brand. On the ones I
have, that cycle through brightness levels with the on/off button pressed
quickly, but returns to low setting first on initial power on. Something I much
appreciate. The Fenix ones with second brightness button return to the last
brightness setting.

Certainly something to consider as Moose says.

I have one NiteCore, large light. It trys to do too much. Has a periodic blue
pulse on button that over time will wear down the batteries. Nice feature if
you are trying to find it in the dark. Slow enough to not be bothersome.

WayneS

At 3/27/2019 09:40 PM, you wrote:
>On 3/27/2019 5:22 PM, Mike Gordon via olympus wrote:
>>Looking for a headlamp for upcoming trip. Low intensity control seems to be
>>very important and enough umph to help focus on a foreground.  Light weight
>>is good though enough battery power to last.
>>Replaceable batteries may   be a plus if get stuck but AA are too heavy and
>>most AAA X3 may not perform well enough.
>
>Ah well, yet another place to overthink? ;-)
>
>I have one pet peeve that overrides all other considerations. Most headlamps
>I've looked at or used have 2-3 brightness levels and perhaps a flashing mode.
>Many must go through the whole cycle to turn off. So, I'm sitting in peace,
>but have to press a button really fast to get past the bright, strobe mode
>with minimal excess light.

PS, I have not found this to be an issue with Fenix brand.