Re: [OM] topaz sharpen AI--FM version

Subject: Re: [OM] topaz sharpen AI--FM version
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:09:04 -0700
On 3/18/2019 4:59 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
I bought AI Sharpen but the first few tries have ended up much, much worse
than anything Focus Magic does.

That's not what I'm experiencing. Sharpen AI is ahead of FM as a sharpener on Raw conversions of in-focus images, perhaps after NR, but as MikeG suggests, perhaps not after other processing. And it's a subtle difference, really only significant at 100%.

I still prefer FM for resharpening after down-sampling for the web.

Maybe I need to experiment a little more, but right now, Focus Magic will still
be my go-to out of focus fixer.

I've only used it a tiny bit on really OoF images. It did pull the focus fat
out of the fire on one.

They take fundamentally different approaches to sharpening, so I wouldn't be surprised to find a different one best on each of separate subjects.

In Focus Moose