Re: [OM] First Flutterby . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] First Flutterby . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 14:04:27 -0700
On 3/18/2019 1:54 PM, Moose wrote:
. . . OTOH this garden, just up the hill from us, is a repository, protector and breeder of all California plant species. Thus, there are some flutterby species that breed only on certain plants that may be found there, but nowhere in the immediately surrounding area.

For example, there are some beautiful, dark flutterbys that only breed using the Dutchman's Pipe vine. They are common in the garden later in the year. Unfortunately, I've never seen one land for more than a couple of seconds, so I have no photos - constant motion.

This may be another example?

I guess not. Almost certainly a Mourning Cloak, a widely distributed species, both in North Am. and Eurasia. <https://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/species/Nymphalis-antiopa>

Oh Well Moose