[OM] Nathan's PAD 10/3/2019: shopping for cheese on bicycle

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 10/3/2019: shopping for cheese on bicycle
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 07:24:29 +0100
Yesterday, I chose the village of Tibi as my cycling destination, both because
it is a good training ride (70 km with a total of 1100 meters of climbing) and
because it was a chance to visit Lili’s goat cheese shop. Four images.

La Quesería del Valle de Tibi with my bicycle parked outside. The handlebar bag
contains the camera used to take these pictures, my phone, wallet and some
other odds and ends—and it had space for a small amount of goat cheese:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-csQcjrh/A

Lili with a plate of her cheeses. Her husband tends the goats, she makes the
cheese. She is usually very self-conscious about posing, but yesterday she was
in the middle of making a YouTube video about her shop and the cheese “factory”
next to it, so she was a more extrovert mode:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-7X5Zc72/A

Tibi lies in a valley, but not at the bottom of it; to get into the town there
is first a steep downhill to cross the river at the bottom of the valley,
followed by a very sharp climb of about 1 km to get to the centre of the town.
Then, to get out of Tibi on the road towards Jijona and Alicante, you go a bit
downhill, on a wonderfully curved road like this:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-RmqBpHN/A

…followed by a 3 km climb to the Puerto de Tibi pass, with some rather steep
sections. On reaching the pass, one is rewarded with this view:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-PgxgzcZ/A

And a delightful long descent into Jijona, about 5 km, during which I achieve
speeds up to 70 km/h. It is possible to go even faster but I am too chicken for
that.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman