Re: [OM] Big White filter holders?

Subject: Re: [OM] Big White filter holders?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 10:17:06 -0800
> From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>     You may want to look at this short blog:
>
> https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/olympus-250mm-f2-0-46mm-drop-in-filters.194423/
>
>     It duscusses what you are asking about, and includes the Nikon types.
> Seems that standard 46mm filters can be used.

Thanks, Chris. 46mm filters are not hard to find, but the 350/2.8 case has TWO
locations for filter holder storage, so I thought it would be nice to have a
couple filters ready-to-use in holders, for quick changes. I had ideas of
composing and focusing with the included clear filter, then quickly swapping
with an opaque IR filter.

The domain name of the link to the German supplier of 46mm holders is no longer
registered.

I'd buy a Nikon filter holder on speculation if they were for 46mm filters, but
one I found is for 39mm filters, which I fear would vignette, and another is
for 55mm filters, which I fear wouldn't physically fit. They also appear to
have a captive-dog means of securing, whereas the Oly has a large bolt that
threads into the lens body.

Oh well. Guess I won't be changing filters much on that puppy. :-)

Jan