Re: [OM] Scenery Change - Somewhat

Subject: Re: [OM] Scenery Change - Somewhat
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 18:36:25 -0700
Which part of "down south"?

One the positive note - There are a lot of good camera deals out there right
now, and probably more to come.

If APS-C is an option, for me the best travel camera is the a6300 with 18-135mm
OSS lens (27-200mm equivalent). Currently $150 off at $1148. When the a6400
becomes available, I expect this to drop even more. What I like about the Sony
APS-C cameras is decent 23mm eyepoint relief while some of the smaller Fujis
are 17mm. Not sure what the olys are?

If FF is desired, I am now fully A7 with A7iii and A7riii. Most of the zoom
lenses are not all that small. Online comments mention battery life on
mirrorless. You can get about 5X battery life out of a DSLR. Canon is still
making new DSLRs. (and OVF)

But if you want travel size FF system, the A7 cameras are small only with some
select primes. But an A7 with just 24-105/f4 might work. And for the budget
minded, there is the R1XR ii.

I recently acquired FE 100-400mm. Works great at 400mm and decent closeup. Here
is a shot at 400mm, the flowers are about 3mm wide.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pehzs1ewvb6fuqd/DSC01107ps2.jpg?dl=0

WayneS