[OM] Nicad Pack 2

Subject: [OM] Nicad Pack 2
From: John Hermanson <jhermanson21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:12:29 -0500
Some problems with mail coming out of @zoho.com.  Nothing I've been writing
shows up on the list so signed up through a gmail account.   I am retired
now from Tamron and back to OM "full" time.  Turnaround now more like 4
weeks.
Nicad 1/3AA cells with solder tabs are hard to find in 300mah size.   And
the 20mah size are about $6 per cell.   I use NiMH as they don't suffer the
same memory problems of nicads.  They have their own problems though.
Cluster is 12 x 1.2V cells soldered end to end, 2 rows of 6, leave 10mm
space on one side to go around tripod socket stud.    NiMH charging must be
done on a timer (15 hours for totally full charge) or cells will be
damaged.  EVERY nicad pack I open now has leaking cells.  Some so bad,
circuit boards are destroyed.

--
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.