[OM] Nathan's PAD 23/2/2019: three vignettes related to Six Nations rugb

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/2/2019: three vignettes related to Six Nations rugby
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 20:43:29 +0100
Yesterday I wanted to see the Wales-England rugby match at Cardiff’s Millennium
Stadium, arguably the most emblamatic fixture of the Six Nations championship.
I could watch it at home, but I decided to go to the Eden Bar in El Campello
for the extra atmosphere—the bar is owned by French people and is popular among
local English people—and they have Affligem on tap for €4 a pint, so the bar
ticks all the boxes. The three images I offer from yesterday do not contain any
rugby or rugby fans, though—all were taken on the margin of the event.

Before cycling to the bar (about 4 km away), I had to stop by the local
supermarket to pick up some things my wife needed for cake she was making. A
well-groomed little dog waiting for its human posed for me:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-L4tbrsT/A

I very much enjoyed the rugby, but I also focused on a couple in front of me.
They seemed very loving and really enjoying each other’s company at the table:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Hr6m6FM/A

And later, when they played a game of pool:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8WhGXwf/A

And I enjoyed the rugby, with Wales beating England in a tough, emotional game.
I like Wales, having visited Cardiff many times when my daugher was studying
there, and also having driven around the beautiful Welsh countryside on several
occasions. It is a small country but at least in rugby, it punches way above
its size.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman