Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 18/2/2019: testing a new lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 18/2/2019: testing a new lens
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:29:32 -0600
:-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 2/22/2019 1:55 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I certainly wash my car with rain.

As for the bell, it is one I brought from home to the office in December. The story is
as follows: every last Friday of the month, the fire alarm in our building is tested
at noon. In my department, we take it as a signal to have a drink. We have an ample
kitchen with plenty of fridge space, well-stocked with booze people bring from our
many trips. But in December, the last Friday was between Christmas and New Year, when
our office is closed. So we decided to have the drink on the last Friday before
Christmas; but since we were not going to have the fire alarm to alert us, I brought
the bell from home and walked around the office ringing it at noon. I have kept it on
my desk since then—you never know when it might come in handy.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain