Re: [OM] IMG: Doing Things the Old Way

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Doing Things the Old Way
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 21:28:25 -0600
Be prayerful, Chris.  My WinXP machine has died.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 2/19/2019 7:35 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      I'm sitting here happily typing away on my WinXP machine with a smile on
my face.

It's quite true - corporate customers can buy extended support for up
to three additional years.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/199062/microsoft-reveals-windows-7-paid-support-prices

But you need to bear in mind that support by MS for Windows 7 is
apparently due to end on 14th Jan 2020 when security updates are
due to cease.

That has to be a fairy tale. My Fortune 500 client only went to Win7
maybe 3-4 years ago. I can't believe those sort of users will stand
for it.

Actually, I find it hard to believe they will ever want Win10 in that
environment.

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson