Re: [OM] IMG: Companions for a Rainy Week

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Companions for a Rainy Week
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:36:33 -0500
Jim,
  As a fan of Patricia Cornwall, you might be interested to know that I
briefly met the inspiration for her character, Kay Scarpetta. Dr. Marcella
Fierro worked briefly in the ME office in Greenville, NC when I was a
Fellow their in the early 90's. She is a real bulldog of a woman but
pleasant and very competent. At her retirement from the Richmond ME office
she remarked, "Kay is blond, blue-eyed and 115 lbs. I've never been blond,
I have brown eyes, and haven't weighed 115 lbs. since I was 12." A good
sense of humor too.

Charlie