[OM] Nathan's PAD 12/2/2019: taking a 10-year old Panasonic for a spin

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/2/2019: taking a 10-year old Panasonic for a spin
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 08:20:37 +0100
I have been at home Monday and Tuesday, recovering from a bout of severe
gastroenteritis that prevented me from travelling to Romania on Monday morning.
I am well now, going back to the office this morning. In fact, yesterday
afternoon I had sufficient cabin fever to take a drive along the beach in order
to play with my old Panasonic GF1 camera. I do not remember when I bought it,
but it was launched in 2009. It has been sitting in storage for some years,
with the lenses in the possession of my daughter to whom I had also given a
Panasonic GF2. But she recently dropped that camera and it seems dead, so I
have given her something else, and meanwhile I have the Panasonic lenses back.
So, yesterday I went out with the GF1 to see if it had potential as a cycling
camera—it is small enough for that and sometimes I may want more focal length
options than what the Ricoh GRII provides.

Three “test images” follow, the first with the 14-42mm kit zoom, and the last
with the 30mm macro.

Just another beach image:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Xx2KmtS/A

Part of the dog beach in El Campello, it is stony but further along there is a
sandy part too:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-j99pTvr/A

Late afternoon sun, and the “skyline” of El Campello:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kWLhSrV/A

My conclusion: when there is enough light, this is a perfectly capable camera,
and especially the 30mm macro is not bad at all.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain