Re: [OM] IMG: Nana's Shrine

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nana's Shrine
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 09:32:14 +0000
I enjoyed the photo, Tina, but I don’t always get a response back from you if I
comment, so I sometimes I don't.

If I had commented on this one it might have been to point out as well that
most of the photo is pretty soft; I must confess that I didn’t really notice
the girl (genuflecting, perhaps?) but I don’t think that her figure is sharp
either.

I’m very glad that people like you are able to document the plight of the
Rohingya people – I hadn’t realised that it was possible.  It’s one of the many
examples of injustice to whole peoples present around the world, although it
seems to border on genocide in their case.  And it has ruined the reputation of
Aung San Suu Kyi, or perhaps highlighted the reality of who holds the power in
totalitarian regimes like Myanmar’s.

Chris