Re: [OM] Pay / banking apps questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Pay / banking apps questions
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:02:15 +0000
Mike

In the UK you can pay with Apple Pay in many places, but I still tend to use my
plastic, either debit or credit.  My wife and I always carry different credit
cards, in case one of us loses theirs, as well as debit cards for the
respective bank accounts (we have two).  I also use a pre-paid Mastercard to
load up with currency when the rate is reasonable, just as a supplement to my
other spending devices.

Of course it’s worth having a bit of cash in case of places that don’t accept
cards, or for when the card system has broken.  Be careful in cities: keep the
cash safe somewhere and watch out for people hanging around ATMs when you’re
taking out cash.

Chris