Re: [OM] Poor Old Barn

Subject: Re: [OM] Poor Old Barn
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 10:42:31 -0500
> From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
> You have a very fine series of beautiful buildings there Jan. Where is that?

To be clear, that’s an open barn thread; I only posted two shots of the
collapsed one, and maybe one or two others earlier in the thread.

Its about 10 km north of Monroe, Michigan, where I’ve just spent the last week,
visiting my demented Mom.

> From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
> 1. The one who painted the barn was just some brainless soul 2. An
> opportunist ripping off the owners of a collapsing barn. "Hey, this is what
> they asked me to do and I did it diligently. Not my fault that the paint cant
> hold the barn."
> Guess which number I am betting on.

Hard to say. While I was there, there were several guys with chainsaws and big
4WD forklift, cutting up a tree directly in back of the barn. It could be that
part of that tree stove in the roof, although there was no sign of that.

I was guessing “new owner” trying to gussy up the place, but I’ll never know. I
just googled “monroe evening news barn collapse” and found no mention of it in
the local newspaper.

Jan