[OM] IMG: Another Lesser Known Camera from the Past

Subject: [OM] IMG: Another Lesser Known Camera from the Past
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 14:00:15 -0600
When my aging eyes rebelled at rangefinders, I explored a variety of cameras, including this pawn shop acquisition, the Exa, little brother of my Exacta.  The Exacta shutter expired, so I turned to the Exa for holiday snapshots.  It synched nicely with my Braun Hobby flash, and, even with its limited shutter speed, gave me excellent images.

It has an unusual rotating shutter that results in limiting the upper shutter speeds, but is excellent when teamed with a flash unit.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190113-P1137464.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA