Re: [OM] 25mm lens choice

Subject: Re: [OM] 25mm lens choice
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 21:37:45 +0100
I have the 25mm 1.8 and I like it. Sharp (& wide open), light, fast AF.
Many reviews acknowlegde this.

>From tests I gather that the 1.2 is slightly softer wide open, with a T
stop of 1.8, which I think kind of defeats its purpose or part of it. I
couldn't find a value for the 1.8 but it is probably around 2 (the
Panasonic is).

Unfortunately, Dxo hasn't tested the 1.8. But there is this
<https://www.dxomark.com/olympus-m-zuiko-digital-ed-25mm-f-1-2-pro-lens-review-solid-choice/>
.

If I would buy an 1.2 I'd go for the 17mm, as reviews indicate that it is
sharper wide open. For my photography, it is also more versatile.