Re: [OM] ultra wide ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ultra wide ?
From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 13:43:23 -0500
Wayne,

I don't use Sony, so I can't comment on their ultrawides. I do want to comment
on this:

    "Ken Rockwell also points out that image stabilization is problematic with
ultrawides, since it is impossible to do from center to edge."

I don't know if that is true for lenses that have built-in IS, like Canon and
Nikon. Rockwell might be right if that's what he's talking about. BUT, the Sony
has in-body stabilization, doesn't it?  I have the Olympus 7-14mm f2.8 Pro lens
for micro four thirds, which I use on my Pen-F. That's 14-28mm in fullframe
terms. The Pen-F has IBIS and the lens is sharp across the frame using the
camera body's built-in IS.

You should be ok using your Sony with an ultrawaide.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook