Re: [OM] Remote living

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote living
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 11:40:39 +0000
Visiting Ullapool and the Hebrides is going to look similar to home, isn’t it,
Mike?

I first visited Ullapool with my parents when I was about 15 – 69 or 70.  I
went kayaking in the loch and was terrified by the appearance of a porpoise
(dolphin?) almost under my bow; but of course I realised years later that I had
been privileged to receive a visit from such a creature.

Flying around that area, the whole of the west coast of Scotland, was magical
when the weather was suitable.  Of course my aircraft’s environmental influence
was spoiling the magic for everyone else, but I didn’t think of that in those
days . . . Once, in a Jaguar in 1978, I was at 250ft in the Loch Linnhe area
and a large seagull nearly hit me and frightened me out of my wits; I spent the
next 30 minutes at 1,000ft to avoid more close encounters :-)

Chris