Re: [OM] IMG: WWI celebrations in rural France

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: WWI celebrations in rural France
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 12:38:26 +0000
It is gratifying indeed, Philippe, and thanks for those photos.  I hope that
all French men and women paid no attention to the Orange Fool from over the
sea.  I was impressed with the dignity shown by your President.

I went to the new war memorial in our village, sited in our new cemetery, away
from the noise and bustle of the roads etc . . .  I too was most impressed with
the turnout.  I also went with the parade to our Baptist church for the Service
of Remembrance which managed to hold all those attending the Act of
Remembrance; I had no idea that the church was that capacious!  The Service was
given by the young Baptist Reverend, but the Anglican vicar gave the sermon –
great teamwork.

Chris