Re: [OM] IMG: Daddy's Angels

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Daddy's Angels
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 08:08:46 -0500
Yes, that's what I like about the Aurora software.  It doesn't look as fake
as most HDR programs.  You can choose which exposure you want to use as the
basis for the ghost removal.  It works particularly well with moving
objects and water.   Three exposures of moving water has always been a
problem but this does a good job.

Thanks!

Tina

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 10:00 PM Mike Gordon via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It certainly doesn't scream HDR.  I trust this the newest version that
> uses AI (likely neural network) to optimize tone mapping?
> The newest version looks interesting as it is difficult for me  to keep
> the midtones proper in the HDR software I have tried.  Often better pasting
> in the sky from another exposure or just using the best of the bracketed
> bunch.
> I never liked the HDR in PS and mostly used efex pro HDR and tried a
> couple others.  The boat doesn't have any noticeable ghosting but is a bit
> soft, IMO.  I am not sure how the anti-ghosting alignment procedure
> compares to others.  The overall colors and shot itself are very nice.  May
> need to await Moose resting up and digging out from a long time away if it
> strikes his fancy to assess the free trial version of the software.
> The last new software you mentioned AI Gigapixel was near magic for some
> shots. Thanks for posting.
>
> Mike
> --

Tina Manley