[OM] Android Camera Apps

Subject: [OM] Android Camera Apps
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 14:34:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been getting used to my new/used ZTE899 cell phone one function at a
time.  I've cleared away the most important stuff, and now I'm tackling the
camera.  It has taken me a few days and a lot of patience to learn that you
just tap the "shutter" release, and not hold it down as you would a real
camera.  This will take some getting used to, especially since with my earlier
LG420 flip phone I held the button down as I would normally do.

     I've tried using the "manual" mode, but I find it to be a bit lacking in
functuality.  I would like to have full control over the aperture and time
while at the same time seeing an exposure meter of some sort, as well as a
choice in metering function rather than just spot metering.  And maybe be able
to use the volume control buttons for focusing.

     Some of you must have some experience with this stuff, so I'm asking for
any advice on a suitable app that will give me something close to the feel and
functionality of a real camera.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson