[OM] Tetrachromacy

Subject: [OM] Tetrachromacy
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 17:34:50 +0000
I heard about tetrachromacy on the radio this afternoon as I drove home from
work – very interesting.  At first I thought that some members of the List
might be endowed with such as “super power” but it occurs only in women and I’m
not sure if Tina would lay claim to such a colour perceptiveness.  There again,
those with this capability are normally unaware of it, it seems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachromacy
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachromacy>

It’s interesting to me because I lecture on vision as part of my job, and to
day I’ve spoken only about rods and cones (and photo-sensitive ganglion cells),
never about the 3-colour properties of most people’s cone cells.  And now I
know that there are people with 4-colour cells.

Chris