Re: [OM] IMG: Oxford + scanning tips

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Oxford + scanning tips
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 20:36:47 +0800
I have re-scanned my slides with A7 II and OM 80/4 few months ago, the new scans fixed the flare and film flatness issue. I also love the smaller camera RAW files and easier post processing.

I didn't planned to scan my color negatives again (I did a few times with scanner upgrade since Nikon LS10) with the A7 II setup as I wasn't expect to get better result due to the complicated color adjustment process. But this was changed until I found I can save many of the fade negatives with the RawTherapee software. Many of the poorly fade negatives are come to life again.

Now I have started to copy my negatives. The dusting tool is a basic blower and a hard polyester tip cosmetic brush which helps to remove some difficult particles without scratching the negatives. A good worklight also help to find any small dust.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/WP_20181029_20_07_35_Raw.jpg

C.H.Ling