[OM] Decision made

Subject: [OM] Decision made
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 19:32:19 +0100
I’ve been meaning for some years to replace the head on my Velbon tripod, a
Maxi-SF.  It’s a very small tripod which weighs only 0.75kg and which fits very
nicely into a carry-on case.

But I happened across another tripod and went to see it in my local Cameraworld
shop (in Stevenage); it’s a 3 Legged Thing Punks Corey
<https://www.3leggedthing.com/corey> with an AirHed Neo head.  I planned to
pack that instead of my Velbon, then I thought to transfer the head to my
Velbon, only to find that the screw thread on the Velbon was smaller than that
on the AirHed.  Oh well . . .

So I bought the tripod anyway, my first since my CF Manfrotto in 2014, and it’s
an ingenious device with which I am very pleased.  It’s not CF, so it weighs
1.5kg, but it’s as compact as anything.

The idea was that I would take it to Venice, where I’m taking my wife to
celebrate 40 years since we met; but it’s just a little too big for the
carry-on.  Oh well . . .

Chris