Re: [OM] OT: To Ken? Fly and shoot exprience

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: To Ken? Fly and shoot exprience
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 16:12:22 -0400 (EDT)
If I recall correctly,
it was STC'd with a three-bladed Q-Tip prop

What a wonderful idea. Gets the tip speed down.

Sadly, the 177 was a brilliant idea but was poorly executed. The idea was to
improve visibility for the pilot, to be competitive with all the low wing
singles. (evidently no buyer could comprehend the fact that the wing blocks a
huge part of the vision, it just depends where. And Cessna is committed to the
high wing design.) To get view-up comparable to low wing competitors, the wing
was pushed back. It can result in serious aft CG situations. Like put a fat guy
in back and crash in flames.