[OM] IMG: Krynica

Subject: [OM] IMG: Krynica
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:35:10 +0200
Krynica is a small town in south-eastern Poland, about 11,000 inhabitants. It
is a spa town at the foothills of the Beskidy mountains, to which people have
been venturing for two hundred years to drink mineral water with dubious health
benefits, and to relax.

But what town is really famous for now is the annual Economic Forum, held every
September. It is a an eastern version of the Davos shindig (more info here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krynica-Zdr%C3%B3j
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krynica-Zdr%C3%B3j>). For a week, the town is
turned upside down: the main street is closed to the locals, all manner of VIPs
and such descend on the town—I suspect that the locals, while resenting this
invasion, do appreciate the economic benefits. The local hotels and restaurants
make a total killing.

I was there on September 5th to give a talk at one of the countless
conferences. I did not spend the night, but I did have some free time before I
had to head back to Kraków where I was based (about 2.5 hours away). The result
is this small gallery:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/krynica_sept2018/
<http://www.frozenlight.eu/krynica_sept2018/>

Nathan