Re: [OM] Interesting Thrift Store Find

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting Thrift Store Find
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 14:13:41 -0700
On 9/16/2018 10:31 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:
. . .
I'm not trying to be argumentative;

Nor did I think you were.
I just think that there *could be* a lot more going for MF/LF film than meets
the eye. Literally!

I quite agree. The rear projection system I designed so many years ago used a Kodak aerial photography reversal color film in 4x5, shot with Zeiss lens, for spectacular fine detail, even when greatly cropped/enlarged on a 6'x7' screen. But, great lens, vacuum copy board, custom, highly rigid camera mount and flash exposures.

I was speaking specifically to the camera in question, an ancient Kodak folder.

Conceivably, one could cut down Velvia 50 4"x5" to fit the 616 format.

Still the same lens and lens holder limitations.

Just Sayin' Moose