[OM] Mars-Moon conjunction

Subject: [OM] Mars-Moon conjunction
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 12:40:53 -0700
We didn't see the "blood moon" (aka lunar eclipse) here in North America.  But the conjunction of Mars and the moon was very nice, too.  Some haze in the air kept the moon yellowish well above the horizon.  These photos are composites of two exposures, one for the moon and one for Mars.

With a little "bite" from a passing cloud:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/43696261571/in/dateposted-public/>

Just the two of them:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/42980366584/in/dateposted-public/>

And here's why I took different exposures for the two objects.  Mars is much dimmer than the moon. The camera "sees" a much greater difference than our eyes.  So with a single exposure, either the moon is blown out or Mars is almost invisible.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/P7270643.jpg.html>

Olympus E-M5 with Voigtlander 90/3.5 Leica screw mount Lanthar and an adapter.  Hand held with image stabilization.  Enjoy!
--Peter