Re: [OM] Definitely Fluttering Friday

Subject: Re: [OM] Definitely Fluttering Friday
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 23:53:10 -0500
Sounds like you did your homework!  I just thought the Crescents were darker than your specimen.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 7/27/2018 11:47 PM, Moose wrote:
On 7/27/2018 4:53 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Moose, that second shot is outstanding.

My thought is that it is more likely a Checkerspot of some sort, rather than a Field Crescent.

Not sure, though.  There are a lot of them similar to that one.

Scale problem. Checkerspots are about 2". These are under 1.5", so match the 24-36 mm reported size for Crescents. The lighter one matches some examples I found on-line pretty exactly. Range is OK, too.

How Big Moose

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA