Re: [OM] Is it Friday?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is it Friday?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:47:41 -0700
On 7/20/2018 1:24 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
NICE!

Thanks!

Were these shot on a tripod?

The pair are a focus stack, taken hand held, with the camera doing the stacking in a couple of seconds. I inevitable move a little, and there is often a breeze moving the flowers, even if I used a tripod.

The software, in this case PS, stacks them in layers, aligns the layers and
combines focus from different depths.

I really only use a tripod at home, and then seldom.

Or is your IBIS that good?

Yup. The single one was shot at 400 mm, 800 mm eq., and cropped to about 35%. It was in a patch of flowers, say 12-15' away from the closest I could get, but with the most interesting light. That's part of the fun of the loooong lens and exceptional IS. This shot would probably have been about the same using the OIS in the lens. It's also quite good.

I'm using the last old version of Oly IBIS. The E-M1 II ups the IBIS ante even
more.

Steadied Moose