Re: [OM] Nature of the Universe and How to Ride the Wave [was Damn, I'm

Subject: Re: [OM] Nature of the Universe and How to Ride the Wave [was Damn, I'm excited!]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 02:13:44 -0700
<<Given my choice between a highly customizable camera and one limited to
someone else's
<<ideas, I'll take category "A".

<<Given my choice between a too through manual and the all too common omission
of some
<<details, I'll take category "A".
Well, perhaps the tone of my response but not the substance implied I disliked
the flexibility.  That is not the case.

I didn't really think so. Just thought I'd point out the alternative. ;-)

The menu structure is a bit better than last iteration but still complex to
maneuver. Unlike Oly sometimes need to have the proper lens hooked up to
configure some options.

I agree there; greyed out selections are better for me than having them appear
and disappear.

Ironically the help manual, lengthy though it is, is insufficient.

Bummer. Fortunately, I use only a small portion of the menu items and of the
controls.

It has enough info to configure the cam but not when some choices may be
preferable.

Sheesh, who would be able to write that manual??

C1 is logical for automagnify for manual lenses or semi manual MF "system
lenses"  like Loxia or CV.  One has to choose degree of mag at first press---if 1X
one sees the box around focal area and can move it with joystick.  I think 6.5X is best
for me and then reframe and shoot.
Automagnify which I liked at first blush turned out to be annoying and disabled
that.

I rather like that option on the Olys and Pannys.

There are many scores such decisions and would like to remap some of the custom
buttons for flash situations---not sure if that is possible or not.

Yet another reason to eschew flash. :-D

Still not happy with E-MI MkII configuration and need to get on the stick.

Be sure to remember to save the config(s) to disk!

OM-2, 2N and 4T configurations remain fine.  I re-read manuals not that long
ago and learned a few things.

I have to keep in mind Walt's famous aphorism:

       "Ya turns the knobs, ya composes da picture, ya trips the shutter.
Life is good."

Still true, only now after "Ya spend hours gettin' the settings just right."

Set Up* Moose

*For the moment. :-)