Re: [OM] IMG: Seen at the Airport Today

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Seen at the Airport Today
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 09:44:26 -0500
Hi Chris,

The difference is that the PC12 is designed to carry people in luxury, while the PAC 750XL is designed for heavy work.

The Volvo was purchased new, just before my late wife's health deteriorated, so our travels were curtailed.  And, I was very comfortable driving my old Chevy pickup around town. Consequently, the Volvo sat quietly in the garage most of the time.  It now has 11,000 miles showing after 11 years.  A couple of years ago, the lead mechanic at the dealership took me aside and said the car really needed more driving.  Since then, I do drive it on most of my local driving, rather than the old truck. It gets 29 mpg on the interstate, and around 19 mpg around town.

City driving at 35 mph will cause the sensors to foul up if I stay in "Drive".  Consequently, I spend some time in "Manual Mode", raising the rpm to 2000 from the customary 1500. Amazingly, this does not affect the gas mileage.  Since I began driving the last mile to the house in 3rd gear, I have not had a single instance when the "Check Engine Light" came on.

This is the five cylinder 2.5 liter with turbocharger, which makes highway driving a breeze.  My only complaint is that when Volvo went to FWD, the turning radius increased dramatically.  My 1989 740 was much more nimble in turns.

Thanks for asking.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA