Re: [OM] Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] Weather
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 18:41:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We had a dust storm come through about 2 hours ago, which quickly knocked
the temperature down to 109F.  You probably don't get many dust storms up your
way.

    My air conditioner (installed in 1992) struggles when the outside
temperature goes above 110F.  This afternoon it cycled more on a time basis
rather than temperature, and the inside temperature got up to 89F.  But it's a
dry heat.

>It's 72F here right now. Absolutely sweltering, according to some.
>
>While the office building has air conditioning, very very few houses
>and apartments have it. Combine that with the lower sun angle (sun
>shines into the houses) and the fact that Alaskans tend to dress in
>dark colors, and you can see why people are so miserable in the
>"heat". Meanwhile, we're thankful for the furnace.
>
>It's been a bit dryer than normal. Burn ban in effect.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson