Re: [OM] IMG: Personalized Beech Baron

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Personalized Beech Baron
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 20:19:41 -0700
On 6/27/2018 5:30 AM, ChrisB wrote:
I must admit that I saw no problem with first or second versions ;-)  But then
I was looking at the aircraft . . .

I now have a Panasonic TZ100 as my pocket camera, intended for use when I’m not carrying a bag around.  I
love its looks and its capability in terms of zoom (25-250 efl), but the colour is not as pleasing as that from my
Fujis – X-T20 and X-E3.  In fact I’m now calling my X-E3 the best camera I’ve ever had for
its overall capabilities – used mostly with the 23/2 and 50/2.

The Panny seems to need more work in Capture One than do the Fujis.

It may help to explicate some things that are happening.

Jim, and I think AG, are using LR on their images, including those from the E-1. And I am using the same conversion 'engine', with a different UI, ACR, for most of my Raw conversions. AG and I may have been using "Adobe Standard" profile until very recently, and now "Adobe Color", while Jim likes "Adobe Landscape". These all give slightly different color interpretations of the Raw data.

Adobe has this to say about their profiles:

"All of the Adobe Raw profiles, from Adobe Standard to the six new profiles, were created with the intention of providing a unified look and feel, regardless of which camera was used. This can be incredibly helpful when upgrading from one camera to another (you won’t have to spend a ton of time figuring out how make your new photos match your personal style) or if you’re using multiple cameras for the same shoot, you won’t have to worry about some photos looking totally different from the others."

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that C1 doesn't take this approach. So when you comment on how different the Panny TZ is from your Fujis, us Adobe users wouldn't see much difference.

Perhaps I need to search for presets.

Adobe is clear about the difference between Raw conversion 'profiles' and image processing presets, that are applicable to any image file. In ACR/LR, a profile is required for Raw conversion. A preset may then be applied after conversion. C1 may not be so clear.

Ghee Moose