Re: [OM] VIDEO: Hover Bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] VIDEO: Hover Bikes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 12:56:54 -0800
> Odd idea. Up until just now, I wasn't aware that the purpose of crowd/riot
> "control" was the injury of civilians.

Pain and maim and good motivators.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_bayonets_for_crowd_control

At the end of WW2, it was expected that there might be an issue with
riots in Germany. The Allies had planned for this and there were
specific units that were trained and held in reserve for this purpose.
My father was in one of those and was stationed in NYC for quick
deployment. They could clear a street pretty quickly without
difficulty. The major change from the '40s to now is that the lead
solders now use batons. Culturally, the concept of bayonets have
certainly fallen out of favor which has resulted in a huge increase in
violence and stand-off situations with extensive collateral damage.

When you see your buddy get skewered, you realize that these chaps
mean business. A well trained unit can push a crowd any desired
direction at walking pace.

AG Schnozz