Re: [OM] OT: British Food

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: British Food
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 15:45:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I long for decent French cooking.  I went to a French restaurant in
Scottsdale many years ago.  The escargot were breaded.  Disgusting isn't quite
adequate to describe them.  Raymond Oliver (French chef) would set fire to the
place.

     My best memories of British cooking come by way of the Red Lion
restaurants.  That was good cooking.  I went to those with my grandfather, who
refused to use the "new money" to the day he died.

     We have a fish'n'chips place here called Pete's.  Very good for American
cooking, but they should have thick potato wedges instead of French Fries, and
newsprint would be nicer than those plastic baskets.  At least they have
vinegar.

>My thoughts exactly. Having visited the US quite often in the past
>few years, I am in no doubt (not that I ever was) about which side
>of the Atlantic (or Pacific) has the better food.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson