Re: [OM] ny weird chunks of OM Film stuff out there

Subject: Re: [OM] ny weird chunks of OM Film stuff out there
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:49:27 -0700
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

On 6/27/2018 12:47 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Affordable OM3T
Mine is not affordable or available. It's being held in indefinite
active storage for WayneS' visit to La casa de Alaska.
And here I thought such a thing didn't exist. There were a 3 and a 3Ti . . .
I have one each OM-4, OM-4T and OM-4Ti. One might think there are similar
monikers for the OM-3.

And one might be wrong.

I seem to remember someone saying one of "T" or "Ti" was used for the US
market, and the other for the international market.

True for the '4', not the '3'. Check the eSIF. The OM-3Ti was released eight
years after the OM-4T(i).

Is the "Ti" considered "rare?" Can I make a killing selling it as such on
evilBay? :-)

Yeah, right . . .  I have an EX++ 4Ti, should anyone want it.

OTOH, I have a couple of OM-4 bodies that are 4T(i) inside. There was a period when quite a few 4s had electronics failure and were repaired with new circuits. There's a way to test, which I don't remember at the moment.

I also have a 180/2.8 whose front ring says "M System" instead of "OM System." Since the 180/2.8
dates to well after Leica forced Olympus to put the "O" in front, I can only assume this is a
"rare" mistake of some sort, like the odd dollar bill with George on both sides.

Have you looked with magnifier, to be sure someone didn't craftily fill in the 'O'? If not, that may be your 'Bay money maker.

i Moose